A resource unrivalled in completeness of coverage.
329 genera and hybrid-genera of ferns and fern-allies - all of them, are listed
About 12,800 species are listed - all those known in the reviewed literature.
Information provided includes:
(No images in this edition).
- Classes, orders and families,
- Currently authorised name for each species,
- Synonyms (other names the species has been known by),
- Common names,
- Literature citations for names,
- Geographic distribution world-wide, often by state or district,
- The full list (large) of literature consulted,
- World fern statistics by country and region, giving land area, species count, endemism, fern knowledge status, and listing major reference works and checklists.
This resource is a world-first for pteridophytes in terms of species and geographic coverage.
A Personal Computer running Windows '95 or above, and a CDROM drive.