Links to Exchange directories by year:
Many thanks to
For his vital
for devising the Excel
Also thanks to
Bob Gries for starting
this great exchange.
How do members of the Olympus Group participate in the 2007 OM Vernal Equinox Photo Exchange?
(Written mostly by Steve Dropkin)
What is it?
For those new to the List, the Exchange is a fun opportunity for members to share a print of a favorite photo with another List member -- and, eventually, with the entire List. On the official day of the Exchange, a Web site of all the photos will be unveiled so all of us can see.
How Does This Exchange Work?
Participants are assigned anonymously to exchange an 8" x 10" (or 8" x 12" or A4) print of a photo they have taken using an Olympus camera (film or digital). Any photo you are proud of, taken at any time, and of any subject you wish. Olympus gear -- OMs, E-thingys, rangefinders, Pens, point & shoots, etc. -- must be used in taking the picture. You can use third-party lenses, flashes, etc.
The subject of the photo is up to you, within the bounds of good taste (in other words, would you place this photo on your wall?).
It will be appreciated if provide a little information about the subject and exposure (equipment, f-stop, exposure time), just what the subject is and whatever you can say about its relevance to your photography.
Web space will be accessed though this page, and once individuals open up their prints on May 14, all of us can share the exchanged photos virtually, the day after.
What Is "The Fine Print"?
When you sign up, you are making three commitments. Please pardon the use of ALL CAPS, but, if you read nothing else, read that text:
Here's an e-mailing link with the Subject line built in; click here: > Brian Swale <
If you cannot make the first two commitments, please don't disappoint someone else by entering the exchange.
WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
Here's what you need to do:
1. Start thinking about the image you want to exchange -- or start shooting. :-)
2. Send an email to Steve using this link > Steve Dropkin < telling me you're interested in participating. Include your mailing address. I will return to you the details for scanning and sending your image.
3. Use that email to send a JPEG of your image to Brian. YOU ARE NOT AN EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT UNTIL BRIAN HAS A JPEG OF YOUR IMAGE.
4. Once your scan is received, I'll send you the name and address of your Exchange partner.
5. Print your image and send it to your Exchange partner.
6. Enjoy the print you receive from another List member and, on December 21st, check out this Exchange Web site!
The OM-List is an international list. It is smart to assume your Exchange partner may be an ocean or two away. In addition, countries have mail systems of varying efficiencies. Please allow for the expense of mailing your print safely and in plenty of time for Dcember 20. If you are "running late", _you_ are responsible for the expense of expediting delivery. Everyone should have their print no later than December 20, 2007. IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT TO THIS, PLEASE DON'T DISAPPOINT SOMEONE ELSE BY SIGNING UP FOR THE EXCHANGE.
Please contact me (at email@example.com) or Brian (at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks -- and enjoy the Exchange!